Glossary of LHHS OCAD Music
Other Decks By This User
- Haydn was a composer during which period?
- What were his first and middle names?
- Franz Joseph
- Haydn wrote more than _____ symphonies
- Haydn is often called the "father of the ________"
- Haydn experimented with a fourth movement to the symphony. What is the fourth movement?
- a minuet and a trio before the finale
- True or False: The compositions of Haydn feature a clear and balanced form.
- Haydn had a reputation as what kind of a composer?
- In Haydn's String Quartet in D, Op. 64, No. 5, the interior passage is a faithful copy of _______ writing.
- In what country was Haydn born?
- Austria; specifically in Rohrau
- What year was Haydn born; what year did he die?
- 1732; 1809
- When we speak of Classical music, we are referring to the music of the composers working from ____ to ____
- 1750 to 1827
- What does the term "classical" refer to?
- ancient Greek and Roman cultures
- Who are the three most prominent Classical composers?
- Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven
- an extended orchestral work, usually in several movements; given a balanced structure
- Describe ideas focused on during the Classical period.
- symmetry, balance, and proportion
You must Login or Register to add cards