Glossary of LHHS OCAD Beethoven 2
Other Decks By This User
- Beethoven is considered a composer in what style?
- Why was Beethoven allowed to experiment more than Haydn or Mozart
- He lived in a time where musical geniuses were considered to be social outcasts, and were to be supported by rich sponsors. (31 @ top)
- Why did Beethoven consider suicide? What kept him from doing it?
- He was going deaf. His music gave him an outlet for his anger and grief (emo eh?). 31, excerpt
- What did Beethoven think of himself before going deaf?
- He believed that he was a sociable guy.
- What were some of the Classical ideals that worked their way into Beethoven's later works?
- Balance, symmetry, proportion.
- Around what time did Beethoven begin to lose his hearing?
- How long was the first movement of <i>Eroica</i> and why was it important?
- The first movement of <i>Eroica</i> was 691 measures long, and it was important because no one had made one that long before.
- How did Beethoven's late period differ from his other periods?
- He became introspective.
- What is a scherzo?
- A sprightly humorous instrumental musical composition or movement.
- What does Scherzo mean, and what language did it come from?
- It means "joke" in italian.
- What was Beethoven considered towards the end of his life?
- He was considered to be the geatest composer, but decidedly out of fashion.
- Was Beethoven interested in critical acclaim?
- No, that was more of the Classical objective. Beethoven wished for solitude. (romantic ideal)
- Where did Beethoven grow up?
- In Bonn, which is in Germany.
- What am I listening to right now?
Why did performers and auiences dislike his music sometimes?
- Hungarian Dance 6 ummmmm yeah.....
His music was hard to play and to understand.
- Yessss last one. What did Beethoven do to the sonata form?
- He lengthened it, and made it more "organic".
You must Login or Register to add cards