Glossary of LHHS OCAD Art Basic 6
Other Decks By This User
- Define an implied line.
- Interrupted dots or lines that the eye connects
- Who developed the color wheel?
- Sir Isaac Newton.
- What does intensity refer to?
- The brightness or purity of a color.
- Name the warm colors.
- Red, orange, yellow.
- Name the cool colors.
- Green, blue, violet.
- Define symmetrical balance.
- A balance achieved when elements of the composition are repeated exactly on both sides of the central axis.
- What is the focal point?
- Where the eye tends to rest.
- What are used to print most T-shirts?
- Screen prints.
- What are finely ground materials that may be natural or synthetic?
- What are thin transparent or semi-transparent layers that are applied over another color to alter it slightly?
- Name the four basic ways to sculpt.
- Carving, molding, casting, construction.
- What is a kind of mixed media in which artists combine various materials?
- What kind of process is carving in which some of the original material is removed?
- Subtractive process.
- What kind of process is modeling?
- Additive process.
- What is a water-based opaque paint that is similar to school-quality tempura, but is of higher quality?
You must Login or Register to add cards