Glossary of Ketosis
Other Decks By This User
- The hydrolysis (or breaking down invilving the splitting of an attractive force holding molecules together with the adition of an element of water.) of fat.
- glycerine--a sugar alchohol
- A protien hormone that is produced especially by the pancreatic islets pf Lagerhans and that promote an increase in the sugar content of the blood by increasing the breakdown of glycogen in the liver
- The production of ketone bodies.
- situated or originating outside the liver
- part of cell outside of nucleus-- produces energy for cell
- to combine with oxygen
- to make up for a loss
- to remove carboxyl from
- Free Fatty Acid
- an uncombined fatty acid they may come from the breakdown of a triglyceride into its components (fatty Acids and glycerol)
You must Login or Register to add cards