Glossary of Into to Music :Chapter 9
Other Decks By This User
- What was the principal genre of secular vocal music of the Baroque era?
- Opera Seria
- serious opera, principal type of opera of the Italian Baroque Opera
- Secco Recitative
- a recitative with continuo accompaniment
- Accompanied Recitative
- a recitative with orchestral accompaniment
- de capo
- standard form of Baroque Italian opera aria- ABA
- an opera on a religious subject
- What sets an Oratorio apart from any other opera?
- no theatrical sets or costumes, performed in concert form, more use of the chorus (however oratorios are NOT a part of the regular church service)
- The Church Cantata
- second in importance among Baroque sacred music genres- a piece of moderate length for voices and instruments, a musical sermon
- lutheran hymn
- Gapped Chorale
- the chorale melody is delivered in spurts
- the chorale prelude
- or organ chorale, an important genre of keyboard music at the time, an organ composition incorporating a hymn (chorale) tune
- What is bach's most well known instrument?
You must Login or Register to add cards