Glossary of Immunology lecture 01
Other Decks By This User
- What are the two major components of the immune system?
- Innate and adaptive
- All cell types involved in the innate and adaptive immune responses are part of what stem cell pool?
- Name the three major cell types derived from the myeloid stem cell pool
- 1. Polymorphonuclear leukocytes (PMN's, polys, neutrophils)
3. Dendritic cells
- What is the major cell type derived from the lymphoid stem cell pool?
- Natural killer cells (NK cells)
- What expresses the CD 4 marker
- Helper T cells
- What cells contain the CD 8 marker
- Cytotoxic T cells
- Where is the CD 3 marker found
- All T cells
- Name two antigen presenting cells of the myeloid lineage
- Dendritic cells and macrophages
- Humoral immunity involves what three classes of cells?
- B cells, T helper cells, and APCs
- Cell-mediated immunity involves what two classes of cells?
- Cytotoxic T cells and macrophages
- What are the central lymphoid organs
- Bone marrow and the thymus
- Peripheral (secondary) lymphoid organs
- Systemic: Spleen and lymph nodes
Mucosal: External mucosa (skin) and Internal mucosa (digestive tract)
- Cells of the innate immune system
- Three from myeloid (PMNs, macrophages, dendritic cells)
One from lymphoid (natural killer cells)
- Cells of the adaptive immune system
- APCs (macrophages and dendritic cells)
Lymphoid lineage (T cells and B cells)
You must Login or Register to add cards