Glossary of Immunology Exam I
Other Decks By This User
- IL-1 and IL-6 enhance expression of ___ and its receptors on T cells
- T-cells release ___ and ___ which cause B cells to divide + differentiate into antibody-forming cells and memory cells
- IL-6, IL-10
- TH1 secretes...
- IL-2 and IFN gamma
when THI activated - against pathogens (proliferation)
- TH2 secretes...
- IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-10,
when THII activated
-stimulate B cells to proliferate/produce Abs (6+10 = differentiation)
- CD refers to...
- cluster of antibodies that recognize a particular cell marker
- CD3 complex structure has a special feature which is ?
- external domain, transmembrane domain, cytoplasmic tail
* transmembrane domain contains neg. charged AA!!
this brings receptor and CD3 together, because TCR transmemb domain (of alpha and beta chains) has a pos. charged AA
- Ion pairs or hydrogen bonds form between ____residues in TCR and ____residues in CD3
- basic, acidic
- TCR1 found where?
- small # Tcells in thymus, secondary lymphoids, abundant in various epithelia
- The hypervariable regions of V domain of alpha-beta TCR come together to form___
- antigen binding site
- TCR2 distinguished by expression of __ or __
TCR2 CD4 classified by ___ secretion
- B cells classified by ____
- surface immunoglobulins
- what 2 isotypes do Bcells in peripheral blood express on surface
- IgM, IgD
- Main markers used to identify human Bcells
- CD19, CD20, CD22
- NK cell recognized presence or absence of ___receptor to signal whether or not to kill
- ___ direct lymphocyte trafficking
- HEV's - high endothelial venules
- lymphoid cells go back to mucosal tissue they came from by recognizing ___
- adhesion molecules on musocal HEV's
- N:C ratios
- All (?) Bcells have hi N:C, 90% of THelpers do, 50% of Tc do
- follicular dendritic cells present to __cells rather than __cells
- B, T - cause lack MHCII molecules
- APC's found primarily where? Most have what class molecule?
- APCs = macs, Bcells, interdigitating, follic. dendritic
-found in skin, lymph nodes, spleen, thymus
-have MHCII except follics
- Macrophages when found in skin called...
- Langerhan cell
- monocytes/macrophages (when leave blood mono=mac)
- accessory cells
- APC's, platelets, endothelial cells
- Mac/mono cell markers
- Fc recep for IgG
- Neutrophil primary granules
- lysosomes containing acid hydrolases, myeloperoxidase, muramidase
- Eosinophils can kill parasitic worms by____
- Leslie hates_____
- Basophils found where?
- circulating blood
- MHC is set of genes on long strand of DNA on chr # ___
- MHCI encodes...
- glycoproteins expressed nearly all nucleated cells which present antigens of altered self cells
- MHCII encodes...
- glycoproteins expressed on APC's
You must Login or Register to add cards