Glossary of Immune System flashcards from grade 7
Other Decks By This User
- When you have antibodies against a certain pathogen.
- Molecules that immune system recognize as part of the body or came from outside of the body. (uniform)
- T Cell
- They identify and distinguish different pathogens.
- White blood cells that distinguish between different pathogens.
- Immune Response
- The 3rd line of defense. When phagocytes engulf and destroy pathogens
- A white blood cell that engulfs pathogens and destroys them by breaking them down.
- Inflammatory Response
- 2nd line of defense. When fluid and white blood cells leak from nearby tissues. The white blook cells then fight pathogens.
- B Cell
- A type of white blood cell and a type of lymphocyte that produces proteins called antibodies which then destroy pathogens.
- Infectious Disease
- Contagious disease, most common cause of health problems. When pathogens get in your body and cause harm.
- An organism that causes a disease.
- Protein produced by B cells. They act against viruses.
You must Login or Register to add cards