Glossary of History - Delhi Sultanate-Language And Literature
Other Decks By This User
- Which languages had been developing since the 8th century?
- Hindi, Bengali & Marathi
- How did regional languages develop in the medieval period?
- Bhakti & Sufi saints wrote and communicated in languages which the common people understand.This accelerated the development of regional languages and literature.
- since when did Hindi,Marathi and Bengali develope?
- since the 8th century.
- Which languages were used for administrative purposes in the Deccan and the southern kingdoms?
- Tamil,Kannada & Marathi
- What were Tamil,Kannada & Marathi used for in the Deccan and the southern kingdoms?
- For administrative purposes
- Give two literary works which were translated to Bengali.
- Who promoted Bengali in Bengal?
- The muslim kings of Bengal
- Under the Vijayanagar rulers which language became the language of literature
- Telugu became a language of literature under which rulers?
- Vijayanagar rulers
- Which two kingdoms used Marathi as an administrative language?
- Bijapur Kingdom
- Who wrote Padmavat in Hindi?
- The Sufi saint, Malik Mohammad Jayasi.
- Name some literary works of this period
- Bengali translations of Ramayana and Mahabharata
Padmavat in hindi by Sufi saint Malik Mohammad Jayasi
Khaliq Bari in Hindavi by Amir Khusrau
- Who were the great Persian writers of historical events
- Amir Khusrau
- Which was the greatest centre of Persian language?
- A type of devotional singing associated with Amir Khusrau
- Where are qawwali sung?
- Amir Khasrau is also credited with the invention of what?
- Several tals,ragasand musical instruments like the sitar and the dholak
- Which two instruments did the turks bring with them?
- The rabab and the sarangi
You must Login or Register to add cards