Glossary of History - Akbar, The great - Religion, Architecture and social reforms
Other Decks By This User
- Name the Nav-ratnas in Akbar's court.
- 1. Raja Birbal
2. Raja Man Singh
3. Raja Todar Mal
4. Hakim Human
5. Mulla Dopiyaza
7. Abul Fazl
8. Abdur Rahim
- Name 2 archaeological sources which tell us about Akbar.
- Agra Fort
City of Fatehpur Sikri
- What is sulh kul?
- Peace of all. He believed that as a ruler he should behave in the same way towards the people of all religious faiths and all classes of society.
- Name the 2 measures that made Akbar popular.
- ABolishing the poll Tax or Jaziya.
Abolishing the pilgrim tax on bathing at holy places like Varanasi, Prayan.
- What is the Ibadat Khana?
- Akbar built the house of worship called the Ibadat Khana, where he invited learned and religious men of differnt religion to discuss issues regarding their religions
- What was the new religious order promulgated by Akbar?
- Name the book written by Abul FAzl
- Who was the only Hindu who joined Akbar's new religion?
- Raja Birbal
- Name 3 social reforms promoted by Akbar
- He insisted that no widow should be forced to commit sati
He legalized widow re-marriage
He did not approve of child marriage.
- Name the christian missionary who has written about Akbar
- Father Pierre du Jarrie
- AD 1605
- Akbar dies.
You must Login or Register to add cards