Glossary of Health Review
Other Decks By This User
- True or False: Social Health refers to how well a person's body is functoning.
- False: Physical Health refers to how well a person's body is functioning.
- The practice of healthy behaviors that keep a person free of disease.
- A) Prevention
- List 3 Behavioral Risk Factors that result in death.
- smoking, jumping off cliffs, swimming w/ sharks
- True or False: Enviornmental risk factors are passed on from parent to child.
- False: Hereditary/Biological risk factors are passed on from parent to child.
- T or F: Sigmund Freud devised an 8 stage theory of personality development that covers a person's entire life span.
- F: Erikson devised an 8 stage theory of personality development.
- T or F: The id is the thoughtful descision making part of the personality.
- F: The ego is the thoughtful...
- Alarm clocks, tests, and arguments are examples of...
- A Type A personality is...
- a personality in which ppl tend to feel rushed and competitive
- A Type B personality is...
- a personality in which ppl tend to feel calmer, less competive/concerned
- Positive stress, or ..., promotes growth/accomplishment
- ... is a respiratory disorder that is worsened by stress.
- Define mental disorder
- illness that affects the mind and prevents a person from being productive, adjusting to life situations, of getting along w/ others
- Claustrophobia is a(n)...
A) Mood disorder
B) Anxiety disorder
C) Eating disorder
D) Somaotoform disorder
- B) Anxiety disorder
- ... is punishment that leaves a visible mark the next day.
- Physical abuse
- List 3 factors that have changed family life in the US.
- 1. Increase in number of working women
2. High divorce rate
3. Increase in number of ppl postponing marriage/parenthood
- In a ... family, a child may live w/ a biological parent, a stepparent, and the children of one or both parents.
- Making ... involves meeting another person's gaze.
- Eye contact
- Define empathy.
- an ability to understand how another feels
- T or F: Almost 1/2 of all homicides occur between ppl who knew eachother.
- T or F: For victims of violence, physical scars can include anger fear and sadness.
- F: ...of violence, emotional costs can include...
- What is the endocrine system?
- allows one part of the body to communicate w/ another.
- Pregnancy is divided into 3 ...
- Define adrenal glands.
- Two small endocrine glands that produce hormones
- Define afterbirth.
- The placenta, when it is delivered after childbirth
- Define adoption.
- The legal process by which parents thake another person's child into their family.
- Define alveoli
- Balloon like airsacs at the end of the cronchioles.
You must Login or Register to add cards