Glossary of Health Part 2
Other Decks By This User
- is a desire for food.
- Is the body's response alerting of a need for food.
- Condemned as sin in Bible; to eat yourself away.
- Is the study of food and how it affects health.
- Substances your body must get from foods you eat.
- Is the amount of heat required to raise one gram of water one degree centigrade.
- Is the sum of all the chemical reactions occurring throught the body.
- Metabolic Rate:
- Is the speed at which your body uses energy for metabolism:
- Basal Metabolic Rate:
- Your lowest metabolic rate.
- mega doses:
- Nutrients obtained in quanities that far exceed the RDA.
- an excessive amount of water lost from the body.
- Tending to increase the discharge of urine.
- They supply energy for the body.
- Is a part of the cell wall that surrounds plant cells in many of the plants you eat.
- Is another nutrient that supplies energy for the body.
- Complete Protein
- A protein that does contain all nine essential amino acids.
- ARe a concentrated source of energy.
- Is a fat-related substance that is produced by liver and is needed for good health.
- Saturated fats:
- Fats that generally come from animals and are solid at room temperature.
- There are other substances that the body must have in small amounts.
- Macro Minerals
- present in the body in large quanitites.
- Trace Minerals
- opposite of macro minerals...
- Can usually be avoided through good nutrition.
- Bones dont go to maximum bone mass.
- They group up the minerals potassium, sodium, and chloride.
- Food Additive:
- Any substance that is added to food.
You must Login or Register to add cards