Glossary of Health Knowledge Bowl - Systems - Set Three
Other Decks By This User
- Where is the home office of the World Health Organization located?
- Geneva, Switzerland
- What dreaded disease has the work of the World Health Organization been instrumental in completely eliminating throughout the world?
- What are patient care facilities that deliver immediate, short-term health care such as hospitals and clinics called?
- acute care facilities
- What is the term used when referring to an individual receiving health care in an acute care facility?
- What is the term used when referring to an individual receiving health care in a long-term care facility?
- What is the term used when referring to an individual receiving home care or is paying someone for professional services?
- What is a hospital that only provides health care for people who are mentally ill called?
- Psychiatric hospital
- What is a hospital that only provides health care for people with bone, joint or muscle disease or injury called?
- Orthopedic hospital
- What department in the hospital provides care for maternity patients and neonates?
- What department in the hospital provides care for trauma victims or medical emergencies?
- Emergency Department
- What department in the hospital provides care for sick or injured children called?
- What are supportive departments in the hospital that provide services needed in the patient care units called?
- Ancillary departments
- What department provides for the custodial cleaning needs of the hospital?
- Environmental services
- What department in the hospital provides meals for patients and nutritional education?
- Dietary department
- What department in the hospital maintains and repairs equipment?
- Maintenance department
- What department in the hospital assists patients in regaining control of their skeletal muscles?
- physical therapy department
- What department in the hospital assists patients in regaining control of small muscle action, for example, in the use of the hands?
- occupational therapy department
- What department in the hospital takes X-rays and uses other imaging equipment to diagnose and treat disease conditions?
- Radiology Department
- What health care team member gives orders for medications and treatments, as well as makes medical diagnosis?
- What health care team member is responsible for all aspects of operation of the health care facility including the delivery of proper client care?
- What member of the nursing team must complete a two, three or four, year nursing program and pass a licensure examination administered by the State Board of Nursing?
- Registered Nurse
- What member of the nursing team must complete a 9-18 month training program and pass a licensure examination administered by the State Board of Nursing?
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Who was the founder and first president of the American Dental Assistants Organization?
- Juliette Southard
- Who sets the specifications and standards for dental materials?
- American Dental Association
- What is the branch of the American Medical Association that accredits allied health programs?
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- What is the term for an individual who is commonly known as a foot doctor?
- What program was developed by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing to serve as a guide for individual programs to register and credential nurse assistants?
- Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation Program (NACEP)
- What does the acronym CHAMPUS stand for?
- Civilian Health and Medical Programs for the Uniform Services
- What is the name of a facility that performs special diagnostic tests such as blood or urine tests?
- Medical Laboratory
- Where are dentures and many other devices used to repair or replace teeth made?
- Dental Laboratories
- What is the title of the person who plans and conducts group and individual activities within a long-term care facility?
- Activities Director
- The governing body of a health care facility is called the what?
- Board of Trustees
You must Login or Register to add cards