Glossary of Health Knowledge Bowl - Systems - Set One
Other Decks By This User
- What is the term which describes health-care workers and institutions that make health-care services available to those who want or need them?
- Health-Care Providers
- What do the initials HMO stand for?
- Health Maintenance Organization
- What term describes methods designed to control the quality of health care as well as the cost of health care?
- health-care regulation
- What are the two major categories of ownership within the health-care system?
- government and private
- What term is used to denote "short-term' illness?
- What federal program provides hospital and medical insurance protection for people over sixty-five years of age?
- What federal and state program provides medical assistance for persons receiving public assistance?
- What is the patient classification system set up by Medicare designed to help contain the cost of health care and reduce the burden on Medicare financing?
- Diagnosis Related Groups
- What person in the health care setting has the responsibility to recruit and interview applicants who wish to fill a position within his/her institution?
- Director of Human Resources
- A health care program for patients who are terminally ill is called what?
- What health care employee is the business manager who supervises the business office and is responsible for the hospital finances?
- What role does the medical transcriptionist play in the health care setting?
- types medical dictation
- What type of planning includes nursing home placement, home care planning, transportation, referrals to community resources and follow-up?
- discharge planning
- What are expenses incurred by hospitals in the treatment of patients?
- hospital costs
- What is the term for the twenty-four hour period of time during which hospital services are provided to a hospitalized patient?
- hospital day
- What outside influence has contributed to increased hospital costs such as increased wages, cost of supplies, and replacement of obsolete equipment?
- What two major groups in society are most likely to have poor health?
- (any order)
- Name three external funding sources used to help finance hospitals.
- (Any order) private grants, government grants
long-term commercial borrowing
- How are hospitals classified?
- control of ownership and type of services rendered
- What type of hospitals are controlled by the federal government?
- (any order) Military, U.S. Public service
- What type of hospital operates for a profit?
- Name the most common agency which provides evaluation and inspection of health care facilities.
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations
- Name the founder of the hospice movement.
- Cicely Saunders, M.D.
- When did Congress approve coverage of hospice services under Medicare?
- When was the U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare established?
- What is the current name of the previously established U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare?
- Department of Health and Human Services
- What federal program offers veterans certain medical care for a limited time following discharge from military service?
- Veterans administration
- What type of review deals with the evaluation of professional practice of an individual by practicing members of the same profession?
- peer review
- What type of review deals with the evaluation of patterns of health care provided to patients in a specific health care agency?
- agency review
- Which branch of the U.S. Public Health Services provides health care to Native Americans on the reservations?
- Project Hope
- What type of health care promotes good health and early diagnosis and prevention of disease through services provided by various members of the health care team?
- Primary Health Care
- What type of health care consists of the diagnosis and treatment that comes after a patient enters the health-care system?
- High School Health Care
- What type of care involves rehabilitation and restoration of an individual to maximum functioning potential following an acute illness?
- Tertiary care
You must Login or Register to add cards