Glossary of Health Knowledge Bowl - Safety - Set Three
Other Decks By This User
- How long does the CDC recommend that you vigorously wash your hands?
- 10 seconds
- What is a barrier between clean hands and potentially harmful body fluids and blood?
- What is worn to prevent the inhalation of harmful airborne microorganism?
- Class B fire extinguishers put out what type of fire?
- oil or grease fires
- When removing patients from the scene of a fire, what type of carry might be used to carry a child, young person or light weight adult?
- cradle carry
- Whenever possible, what should you do instead of lifting an object?
- (any order) push, pull or slide
- Do not use electrical cords that are:
- (any order) frayed or damaged
- Before using a bottle of solution, how many times should you read the label?
- The third prong of an electrical plug is important. What is the purpose of the prong?
- What type of substance do you find in a class C fire extinguisher?
- potassium bicarbonate or potassium chloride
- Discard needles and other sharp objects in what kind of a container after use?
- puncture resistant
- What is the percent of household bleach that can be used to decontaminate?
- Items contaminated with blood or other body fluid must be placed in a container designated as what?
- hazardous waste
- What three elements must be present before a fire can start?
- (any order) heat, fuel, oxygen
- When using a fire extinguisher, you would direct the open end of the hose toward which area of the fire?
- Health care workers are responsible for removing patients from the scene of the disaster and taking them to a safe area. You need to look for what color lights to indicate that it is an exit door to the outside?
- Class A fire extinguishers would put out what type of fire?
- (any order) paper, cloth, and wood
- What chemical is contained in the combination fire extinguisher?
- What important document is used in the health field to relay chemical hazard information from the manufacturer/importer to user management?
- materials safety data sheet
- The use of gloves, masks, gowns, glasses, eye shields, and aprons to protect an individual from exposure to blood borne pathogens is what type of protection?
- Pathogenic microorganisms that are present in human blood and can cause disease in humans are called?
- blood borne pathogens
- A specific contact of eye, mouth, non-intact skin, or open area with blood or other infectious materials resulting from the performance of an employee's duties is the definition of what?
- exposure incident
- What muscles of your body should you use when lifting?
- strongest muscles of the leg
- What type of fire extinguisher leaves a residue of "snow" that can cause burns or eye irritation?
- carbon dioxide
- If the hands or other skin surfaces are contaminated with blood or body fluids, what should you do immediately?
- wash with soap and water
- What safety device should be used to transfer a patient or assist a patient to ambulate?
- gait belt
- On what type of fire is a class ABC fire extinguisher used?
- all types
- A rule of good body mechanics is if a patient or object is too heavy for you to lift alone, you should do what?
- get help
- Hazardous material should be kept where?
- original container
- When is handwashing done?
- before and after every patient contact
You must Login or Register to add cards