Glossary of Health Knowledge Bowl - Legal - Set One
Other Decks By This User
- What legal responsibilities are formulated to protect you and society?
- What is a document, signed by an individual while he or she is of sound mind, called that expresses an individual's wishes regarding health care he/she is to be given in a life threatening situation or when death is imminent?
- Advance Medical Directive
- What order is given by the physician that indicates that in the event of a cardiac or respiratory arrest, cardiopulmonary resuscitation or other lifesaving measures are not to be implemented?
- Do Not Resuscitate
- What is an advance directive called when an individual appoints a specific person to be responsible for making his/her legal and medical decisions in the event he/she is physically or mentally unable to make his/her own decisions?
- Durable Power of Attorney
- What is the name of an advance directive that is a request by an individual that life-sustaining procedures not be used in case of incurable injury or illness?
- Living Will
- What is defined as failure to perform care for a patient in a reasonably prudent manner resulting in patient injury ?
- What is defined as a false statement made about someone that causes harm or injury to the reputation of an individual?
- defamation of character
- If you witness someone stealing and you do not report it, what are you guilty of?
- aiding and abetting a crime
- What is defined as verbal defamation?
- What is defined as written defamation?
- What is defined as restraining a person's movement or actions without proper authorization?
- false imprisonment
- What is defined as" threat" or "attempt to injure" another in an unlawful manner?
- What is defined as unlawful touching of someone without that person's permission?
- What is defined as permission given after full disclosure of the facts?
- informed consent
- What is defined as a civil wrong that unlawfully makes public knowledge of any private or personal information without the consent of the wronged person?
- invasion of privacy
- What is defined as any personal or private information which is relevant to a client's care, given by the client to medical personnel?
- privileged communication
- What is defined as keeping what is said or written to oneself, private, non-sharing?
- What is defined as infliction of physical, sexual, or emotional injury or harm to a patient?
- What is the term used which indicates the client was left unattended?
- What is defined as any technique or device that is attached to, or next to the patient's body that the patient cannot easily remove, or restricts freedom of movement?
- How often should a patient in protective devices be checked for comfort and safety?
- every 15 minutes
- How often should protective devices be released and the patient repositioned?
- every 2 hours
- What is a person called who causes harm to another?
- What requires health care providers to supply written information about advance medical directives at the time of admission to that facility?
- the Patient Self-Determination Act of 1990
- What is a serious crime, such as murder or arson called?
- What is a less serious crime, such as petty theft or minor traffic violation called?
- Negligent treatment of a client by a professional health care worker that results in damage or injury is called what?
- What is the type of insurance medical professionals carry in order to protect themselves if they are sued in the course of their work?
- malpractice insurance
- What is the name that applies to the time during which a patient can bring suit?
- statute of limitations
- What is a civil act of wrong-doing not involving a contract?
- What is the name of the written form which requires by law a personal appearance of a witness in court?
You must Login or Register to add cards