Glossary of Health Knowledge Bowl - Leadership and Professional Knowledge - Set Two
Other Decks By This User
- A good employee demonstrates the ability to think and select an action without being told. What is the term for this characteristic?
- An employee who demonstrates a positive attitude toward his or her boss and company and avoids negative comments is considered a/an ________ employee.
- An employee who completes assignments without arguing, is willing to help others, follows directions and accepts constructive criticism, is considered a/an _____ employee?
- An employer is responsible for providing employees a safe and clean environment and the equipment necessary for your job. Name a third employer responsibility to the employee.
- paying an agreed salary
- To make a positive first impression an applicant should exhibit a professional appearance and greet the prospective employer with what?
- a firm handshake
- How many years of education does it take to become a Licensed Practical Nurse?
- 9 to 18 months
- What is written on an application form to show that you have not overlooked a question, but did not answer it because it did not pertain to you?
- N/A (should be capitalized)
- What term means that a person has fulfilled requirements of education and performance and meets the standard set up by a professional organization?
- A process by which a regulatory body administers examinations and maintains a current list of qualified personnel is called:
- What is the purpose of a letter of application?
- to obtain an interview
- What should you do before using anyone's name as a reference?
- obtain permission
- What should you do during a job interview if any question reflects any kind of religious, racial or sex discrimination?
- politely decline answering
- After the job interview, what should you do to indicate that you are still interested in the position?
- send a thank you note
- The amount of money available to you after deductions is called:
- net income
- The term that is used to show that you are willing to be held accountable for your actions is called what?
- An employee who is prompt in reporting to work and maintains a good attendance record would be demonstrating what characteristic?
- The minimum education requirement to become a Registered Dietitian is a _______ degree.
- A Speech-Language Therapist requires what minimum education?
- master's degree
- What health professional operates the heart-lung machine used in coronary bypass surgery?
- When employees are considered for promotions, the first question work-based supervisors ask is:
- What qualifications does the person have?
- A technique to effectively use time is called:
- time management
- Mental, emotional, or physical tension is called what?
- When hiring a person for a job, the employer screens for applicants who demonstrate the qualifications needed to perform the job. These qualifications are called:
- Periodicals containing articles of specialized information relating to specific professions are called what?
- professional journals
- Employers rely on individuals who are good decision makers, set a good example, and to whom fellow employees go for advice to place in positions of responsibility. They are looking for what quality in their employees?
- Solving a disagreement or to successfully deal with friction is called what?
- conflict resolution
- A person who does not get paid and who serves or acts on his own free will is called a:
- The direction or movement of job availability or employment needs is called what?
- employment trend
- A formal request for employment or a form used in making such a request is called a:
- job application
- Employees that come from environments where a language other than English is dominant and have sufficient difficulty speaking, reading, writing or understanding English are said to have:
- limited English proficiency
You must Login or Register to add cards