Glossary of Health Knowledge Bowl - Leadership and Professional Knowledge - Set Three
Other Decks By This User
- Managers must be aware of the way an employee learns best. The way that a person takes in and processes information is called what?
- a learning style
- What is a good way to work with someone who might be speech impaired and is trying to communicate with you?
- maintain eye contact
- The basic principle that all people are guaranteed the same privileges or rights is called what?
- equal opportunities
- A developmental collection of your work including documentation of your achievements is called a:
- An opportunity for a business to display materials, equipment, and services about their company is called a:
- trade show
- A skill that you learn to perform through training is called a:
- A task performed to business and industry standards is called a:
- For handwritten applications what color ink should one use?
- dark blue or black
- When completing a job application, unless you are absolutely certain of the wages you want, what should you write under the salary section?
- As an employee you may be asked to travel on behalf of your organization. An appropriate tip for an airport skycap is:
- $1 per bag
- While employed it might be necessary to have business lunches with clients. What is the expected percent for tipping a waiter or waitress?
- 15 percent of the total bill
- You have been introduced to a person and have forgotten his or her name. What should you do?
- ask his or her name again
- Social etiquette dictates that when a woman or man enters the room and approaches a man who is seated, the seated man should do what?
- rise from his seat
- Being a responsible citizen is an important employability skill. A responsible citizen is someone who participates in what?
- the democratic system of government
- Your employer, customers, and co-workers form opinions about you by the way you act. Who is responsible for your actions?
- you alone
- Since first impressions are often formed by appearance, a professional appearance shows that you:
- respect yourself
- Chewing gum during an interview is not appropriate because:
- it is unprofessional
- What style of clothes and hair should be worn?
- Keeping your personal opinions separate from the company's policies and goals demonstrates what?
- respect for the rights of others
- An educational trend to unite the efforts of educators with employers to provide job training is called:
- A person who avoids subjects that are likely to result in disagreements is said to be avoiding what?
- An employee should know his or her job description and avoid performing skills outside the scope of practice. This is called knowing your:
- To learn about a career by spending time observing in the industry is called what?
- job shadowing
- Your attitudes toward work or the philosophy dealing with rules of right conduct at work is called.
- work ethics
- A person who believes in his or her abilities is said to have:
- An employee who continues difficult tasks until completed is someone who has:
- A worker who demonstrates a desire to learn and who is eager and zealous is said to have:
- An employee who adjusts to changes in schedules or job assignments is said to be:
- A worker who maintains self-control is said to have:
- Not all behaviors observed in the work place are appropriate. Observing negative behaviors might help you to learn how to:
- avoid making these mistakes
You must Login or Register to add cards