Glossary of Health Knowledge Bowl - Leadership and Professional Knowledge - Set One
Other Decks By This User
- What is a potential for learning certain things called?
- What are the "extras" provided by employers, such as insurance, bonuses and paid vacation?
- fringe benefits
- What is the title for someone who learns how to do a specific job through experience and guidance from a skilled worker?
- What is the term for the cost of attending school?
- A written summary of your education and work history that you provide to a perspective employer is called what?
- What is the term for people who will provide personal and/or professional information to the employer about a job applicant?
- What is a formal meeting between an employer and a job applicant?
- What is the privileged status that results from continuous service to one company?
- What is the quality of standing up for one's rights, beliefs, and ideas in a constructive manner?
- What means of identification does everyone need before beginning employment?
- social security number
- What is anything, other than land, that is used to produce more wealth called?
- What do you call a person who starts a new business and manages and assumes the risk of this business?
- What is the term for economic conditions in which prices rise sharply?
- What is a business owned by a number of people who bought shares in the business?
- What is the legal right to sell a company's goods and services in a particular area?
- What is the amount of money remaining after all expenses are paid from revenues?
- net profit
- What is a written guarantee of a product's quality and the manufacturer's promise to repair and replace defective parts?
- What is a plan that an individual uses to manage money?
- What is the term to describe something of value a person owns that is promised if loan payments can't be met?
- What do you call a person who is named by a life insurance policyholder to receive payments from the insurance?
- In the event of a claim, what is the amount of money the policyholder must pay before the insurance company will pay?
- What are the initials of the Federal agency responsible for collecting income taxes?
- What is the legal statement that reports the amount of money earned and taxes withheld from an employee's income?
- W-2 Form
- What are the initials used to identify the social security deduction on an employee's check stub?
- What do you call services, such as electricity, gas, and water, that are provided by public companies?
- What is the name of the document which gives minors permission to be employed at a specific place?
- work permit
- What are the three types of educational programs that graduate individuals eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Professional Nursing (RN) called?
- (any order) BSN, ADN, Diploma
- What are the abbreviations for the two types of medical degrees? (any order)
- M.D., D.O. (MD and DO is also acceptable, without periods)
- When was the first Social Security Act signed?
- When was the Medicare program established?
You must Login or Register to add cards