Glossary of Health Knowledge Bowl - Leadership and Professional Knowledge - Set Five
Other Decks By This User
- What is a list of items to be covered in a meeting called?
- What is the term that means to add to or delete something from a motion by another motion?
- What is the term for a written vote, usually made in secret?
- What does the abbreviation "NLSC " stand for?
- National Leadership and Skills Conference
- What is the act of getting together for a meeting or to call a meeting to order?
- What is a discussion in which members present arguments for opposite sides of the issue?
- What do you call permission to speak to the group?
- to have the floor
- What is a number greater than 1/2 of all the votes cast by the voting members?
- What term means a formal proposal for action?
- What is a statement made by a member to question a ruling or to enforce the regular rules?
- point of order
- What is a statement made by a member when that member believes it is time to vote on a motion?
- call the question
- What is a motion to postpone making a decision on a motion being discussed?
- table the question
- Which officer holds and explains the shield in the Opening Ceremony?
- What is a voting method in which members rise to signify "yes" or "'no" on the motion?
- standing vote
- What is the written record of what is said and done during a meeting?
- How many VICA regions are there in the U.S.?
- What term refers to the formal guidelines used in conducting a meeting
- parliamentary procedure
- A special committee to consider a single matter or event is known as what?
- AD HOC
- Business left over from a previous meeting is considered what?
- unfinished business
- The first item on the agenda of a meeting is?
- call to order
- A written document of the principles and laws governing the operation of an organization is the definition of what?
- The number of members that must be present for business meeting to be conducted legally is called what?
- What is required after a motion has been made before it can be discussed?
- a second
- What officer of an organization notifies members of scheduled meetings, keeps and reads the minutes, files copes of committee reports and handles correspondence?
- the secretary
- What type of committee deals with regular and continuing matters of an organization such as professional development and ways and means?
- standing committee
- The word " parliamentary" comes from the French word "parler" which means what?
- to speak
- What is the official VICA dress for women in addition to the red VICA blazer, sweater, or windbreaker, the clear seamless hose, and black shoes?
- (any order) white collarless blouse, black skirt or black dress slacks
Note: To save time you do not have to mention "or blouse with a collar that does not extend over the jacket lapels"
- What is the official VICA dress for men in addition to the red VICA blazer, sweater, or windbreaker, and the black or cordovan shoes?
- (any order) white dress shirt, black tie, slacks and socks
note: To save time you do not have to mention "tied in four-in-hand knot"
- VICA 's program of work is made up of seven components. Name three of the seven.
- (any three, any order), Professional Development, Community Service, Employment, Ways and Means, Skills USA Championships, Public Relations, Social Activities
- Through a knowledge of our nation's heritage and the practice of democracy, what do VICA students develop?
- Repute means to have a what?
- good reputation
- Established in 1979, this center serves as headquarters for National VICA and houses administrative offices, facilities for the publishing and distribution of leadership training materials and conference facilities.
- The VICA National Leadership Center (be exact)
- Name the two types of contests that can be conducted at the local level.
- (any order) occupational skill contests, leadership contests
You must Login or Register to add cards