Glossary of Health Knowledge Bowl - Communications - Set Two
Other Decks By This User
- frown on a clients face is what type of communication?
- When answering the phone at a place of business, you should answer the phone by which ring?
- the second
- What information should you note when taking a telephone message? (any order)
- name of caller, phone number, date, time, and message
- When screening phone calls for your boss, what would be a good question to ask after you know who is calling?
- May I ask what this is regarding?
- Changing the subject, frequent interruptions, or seeming to be too busy affects communication by:
- creating barriers
- What term denotes the "pitch" of the voice?
- The ability to identify with and understand another person's feelings, situation, and motives is called:
- Having the ability to say or do the kindest or most fitting thing in a difficult situation is:
- What communication career tests for speech, language and voice disorders and provides a treatment program to restore or develop the patient's speech communication skills?
- speech therapist
- Receiving information necessary to give informed consent prior to the start of any procedure or treatment is guaranteed under what policy?
- patient's rights
- The sender of information must deliver a message in a clear and concise manner for good communication. Name two skills that are essential for this to take place:
- pronunciation and grammar
- Name three types of disabled individuals who might experience difficulty receiving messages and communicating information accurately.
- (any order) hearing impaired, visually impaired, language barriers
- Name three methods to assist individuals who have difficulty receiving information because of a hearing or visual impairment or language barrier.
- (any order) repeat the message, change the form the message is transmitted, utilize an interpreter
- If a patient does not understand the information being given, what should the health care worker do?
- ask questions and repeat the information in different terms
- The following dialogue is an example of what therapeutic communication technique?
The patient states: "I'm not worried about my diagnosis"
The Health Care Worker responds: "You are not at all worried about your diagnosis?"
- The ability to understand the basics of how the computer works and the applications used in a field or profession is called what?
- computer literacy
- What is an electronic system that can rapidly communicate in graphics, numbers, words, and sound?
- a computer
- Machines that can scan a document and read the printed text are called:
- optical scanners
- Programs in a computer that are not permanent because data can be stored, changed, and/or retrieved are called RAM. What does RAM stand for?
- random access memory
- A MRI is a computerized body-scanning device. What does MRI stand for?
- magnetic resonance imaging
- What new communication tool combines the advantage of video with the advantages of computer-assisted instruction to provide a learning medium?
- interactive video
- Name three important components of a trusting relationship. (any order)
- confidence, dependability, and confidentiality
- What is another term for questions that lead the patient to explore his or her thoughts or feelings?
- open-ended questions
- A therapeutic communication technique which encourages the speaker to continue talking about a subject is called:
- a general lead
- What is the science of speech and pronunciation?
- When answering the phone at work, who do you represent?
- the facility
- When communication is taking place, what helps to make meanings clear and avoids misunderstandings?
- What is the small device that sits on a desktop and controls the cursor and creates graphics?
- The computer components include the keyboard, central processing unit, disk drive and monitor with display screen. These are called what?
- What type of questions make a person defensive?
- questions that begin with why
You must Login or Register to add cards