Glossary of Health Knowledge Bowl - Commnications - Set One
Other Decks By This User
- What is defined as the exchange of information by sending and receiving messages, which results in understanding between the sender and the receiver?
- What are the five elements of communication? (any order)
- sender, message, channel of transmission, receiver, and response.
- What is defined as a specialized or technical language of a trade, a profession, or a group of people?
- What is defined as a nonstandard vocabulary used and understood by a small group of people?
- What are words called that sound alike yet may have a different meaning to the receiver than was intended by the sender?
- What is defined as an intentional effort to hear a message and understand its meaning?
- active listening
- What is defined as weakness or paralysis of muscles of the lips, tongue, and throat due to brain damage from a stroke or accident?
- What is a language disorder, due to brain damage, in which the client has difficulty saying what he/she is thinking and wants to say?
- expressive aphasia
- What is a language disorder, due to brain damage, in which the client cannot understand what
is being said to him/her either through written or spoken word and gestures?
- receptive aphasia
- What is defined as a passive awareness of sound?
- How should you answer the telephone at work?
- (any order)identify the department, identify yourself by first and last name, state your title
- Listening, speaking, writing, collaboration, problem solving, and decision-making are essential to what?
- effective communication
- As a new employee you may be assigned to learn from a wise and trusted counselor, teacher, tutor, coach or advisor. What is this person called?
- Active listening focuses on what ability?
- What is defined as an appraisal of the whole person to establish a baseline and determine the client's potential and his need for help?
- What is the desired end results, or what one hopes to accomplish, either short or long term, called?
- What is defined as practice of noting and recording facts and events by the health care worker utilizing his or her senses?
- How should you sign your name on the medical record?
- The first initial, last name and title
- To correct an error in documentation the health care worker should do what?
- Draw a single line through the error
Print the word error, and sign your initials
- What is the correct way to write the international time for 12 midnight?
- What is the correct way to write the international time for 12:30 A.M.?
- What is the correct way to write the international time for 7:00 P.M.?
- Legal documentation of observations, directions given for care, and recordings of actual care given to the patient are contained in the patient's:
- medical record
- What is the name of the part of a computer that is used to type information onto the display screen?
- What are the lists of information or files that can be opened, created, or edited on a computer disk referred to as?
- What are the pictures on the display screen that represent different functions referred to as?
- What is a card file with a summary of information found in the client's chart called?
- Messages sent without the use of language or words is called?
- nonverbal communication
- Messages sent using spoken words is called?
- Verbal communication
- The term for the reply which shows that a message was received is called?
You must Login or Register to add cards