Glossary of Health Knowledge Bowl - Academic Foundations - Set Three
Other Decks By This User
- What is the term for a pregnancy that occurs outside the uterine cavity?
- What is the term that refers to shrinkage of muscle tissue due to decrease in activity?
- What term refers to the normal formation and development of blood cells in the bone marrow?
- Symptoms that are experienced and described by the patient but not
observed by others are referred to as what?
- What are symptoms that are perceptible to others called?
- What is a prefix meaning "without or not"?
- What do the initials COPD stand for?
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- What is the term pertaining to an agent that destroys or damages tissue cells?
- What is the medical term for double vision?
- What is the medical term for incontinence of urine, especially at night, or bed-wetting?
- What is the medical term for excessive gas in the digestive system?
- What term describes a disease or condition without a known cause?
- What do the initials REM stand for?
- rapid eye movement
- What term describes the process in which two organs, substances, or
agents work simultaneously to enhance the function and effect of one another?
- What medical term describes ringing in the ears?
- What is an organic substance that initiates and accelerates a chemical reaction?
- What is a muscle which draws a part away from the median plane of the body called?
- What is the medical term that means fatty or pertaining to fat?
- What is the chemical symbol or abbreviation for silver?
- Ag (the A must be capitalized)
- What is the medical term meaning absence or loss of hair?
- What term refers to the cessation of breathing?
- What term refers to the accumulation of serous fluid (edema) in the peritoneal cavity?
- What term refers to a sensation preceding a seizure?
- What is the term by which any substance that produces or incites cancer is known?
- What is a substance which speeds up the rate of a chemical reaction
without itself being permanently altered in the reaction called?
- What is the medical term for a bluish, grayish, or slatelike discoloration
of the skin due to oxygen deficiency called?
- What is the medical term meaning evacuation of the bowels?
- What term refers to the division of sex cells?
- What term means closed, plugged, or obstructed?
- What term refers to a foreign substance or thrombus that circulates in the blood stream until it becomes lodged in a vessel?
- embolus (must be exact)
You must Login or Register to add cards