Glossary of Health Knowledge Bowl - Academic Foundations - Set Six
Other Decks By This User
- How many grains equal one gram?
- What is a drug which stops the growth of bacteria called?
- What is a drug which stops coughing called?
- What classification of drugs would be ordered for an individual who has a fever?
- What is a high school reaction to a drug which may be beneficial or harmful?
- side effect
- What is an antigen-antibody response to a drug that may result in
danger to the patient?
- allergic reaction
- What is a tablet that doesn't dissolve until it reaches the small intestine called?
- enteric coated
- What is a drug that acts at the site of application called?
- local or topical
- What usually happens to the pupils of a shock victim?
- they dilate
- What type of fracture is not a complete break?
- What element is capable of stopping the passage of radiation?
- What area of the face is most sensitive to x-ray exposure?
- lens of the eye
- Give the normal range of months by which time all twenty primary teeth
have usually erupted?
- 24 to 30
- What is the stage of periodontal disease involving loss of bone that supports teeth called?
- What is the artificial replacing of one or more teeth with a fixed prosthesis
- What teeth are enervated by the inferior alveolar nerve?
- mandibular posteriors
- What happens to the x-ray film if the temperature of the developer is too
- will produce a very light image
- What gland is located below and in front of the ear?
- the parotid
- What term describes the unconscious grinding of teeth?
- What is the name of the instrument used to test one's hearing?
- What is blurring of vision due to an abnormal curvature of the cornea called?
- What term is used to indicate listening for sounds produced by the
- What term is used to refer to the inner surface of the arm at the elbow?
- What is the term that describes a microorganism which can live and
grow only in the presence of oxygen?
- What is the name of the support group for family members of
- AL-ANON (all caps required)
- What is the excision of a small piece of tissue for microscopic examination?
- Name the part of the microscope substage that regulates the amount of light directed on a specimen.
- iris diaphragm
- If pancreatitis is suspected, what test is usually performed?
- What is the breathing pattern characterized by alternating periods of
apnea and hyperventilation called?
- What is the procedure whereby ultra high-frequency sound waves are
directed toward the heart to evaluate its function and structure?
You must Login or Register to add cards