Glossary of Health Knowledge Bowl - Academic Foundations - Set Seven
Other Decks By This User
- What term is used to describe quivering of cardiac muscle fibers which produces ineffective, rapid but weak heart action?
- What term describes the spread of cancer from one organ of the body to
- What is the medical term for the onset of menstrual periods?
- What is the term used to describe the period of time immediately
following the delivery of a baby?
- What is the name of the instrument used to measure the volume of
- What is the condition called which results from a decrease in the
amount of calcium stored in the bones?
- What is the term given for having had nothing to eat or drink for a specific period of time?
- Name the condition where a patient has overwhelming attacks of sleep
which cannot be overcome?
- What is an x-ray of the breast called?
- What is the name of the chronic lung disease characterized by over distention of the alveolar sacs and inability to exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide?
- According to Maslow's hierarchy of needs, what are the needs to be met after the physiological needs?
- safety and security
- What is the partition that separates the two nasal cavities called?
- nasal septum
- What are the two main tubes to the lungs called?
- What is the cluster of capillaries located at one end of the nephron called?
- What is the tube called that carries urine from the bladder to the outside?
- Which endocrine gland is the largest?
- What hormone regulates the metabolic rate of body cells?
- What do lacrimal glands secrete?
- Which gland produces a hormone which regulates the amount of calcium dissolved in the circulating blood?
- Name the female gonad.
- What is the 20 foot tube in which the spermatozoa mature and become motile?
- Name the cartilage associated with the larynx which bends over the laryngeal opening to direct food into the esophagus.
- What is the valve between the small and large intestine called?
- What is the first part of the small intestine called?
- What membrane lines the eyelids?
- What cranial nerve carries impulses for smell?
- What is the region or junction at which a nerve impulse is transmitted from one neuron to another called?
- What lobe of the cerebrum interprets visual messages?
- What kind of glands are those which secrete hormones into the blood stream?
- What is the anatomical term that indicates a structure nearer its origin?
You must Login or Register to add cards