Glossary of Health Knowledge Bowl - Academic Foundations - Set Five
Other Decks By This User
- What is the instrument used for determining arterial blood pressure?
- What term describes the stagnation or standing still of normal flow of fluids?
- What term refers to an abnormally rapid heart beat?
- What term means pertaining to touch?
- What is the medical/biological science concerned with detecting and
studying poisonous substances and establishing antidotes?
- What is a continuous, involuntary quivering of a convulsive nature called?
- What infection is being tested for when one receives a Mantoux test?
- What term means an open sore or lesion of the skin or mucous
membrane accompanied by sloughing of necrotic tissue?
- What is the term that describes an inflammatory condition of the liver?
- What is the medical term for chicken pox?
- What is the medical term for dizziness?
- What does the abbreviation LDL mean?
- low density lipoprotein
- A syllable or word placed at the beginning of a root word is called a:
- What is the medical abbreviation for nothing by mouth?
- NPO (must be capitalized)
- What does the abbreviation G/C stand for?
- What does the abbreviation OS stand for?
- left eye
- What is the abbreviation for both eyes?
- How should direct statements by the client be documented in the medical record?
- by quotation marks
- What does the word element nephro mean?
- What does the word element -lysis mean?
- loosening, dissolving
- What does the word element necro mean?
- What does the word element -ology mean?
- study of
- What does the word element neuro mean?
- What does the word form cardio refer to?
- What was the first drug law passed in the United States?
- Pure Food and Drug Act
- What are the rules that ensure uniform strength, quality and purity of drugs?
- drug standards
- What is the term that means the way drugs act on body cells?
- What is a liquid drug in a heavy sugar and water solution with flavoring called?
- What is the term for a drug that is to be taken under the tongue?
- What is the abbreviation for centimeter?
You must Login or Register to add cards