Glossary of Health Knowledge Bowl - Academic Foundations - Set Eleven
Other Decks By This User
- Citrus fruit is recommended for the daily intake of what vitamin?
- One grain equals how many mg?
- Five hundred mg equals how many grams?
- Thirty minims equals how many milliliters?
- How many ounces equals one cup?
- How many tablespoons of liquid equals 2 ounces?
- You have available vials of a substance labeled 75 mg in 1.5 ml. The order reads to give 60 mg. How many ml should you administer?
- 1.2 ml
- What is an injury resulting in an over stretching of muscles called?
- a strain
- What is a displacement of a bone end from a joint?
- If Aspirin comes labeled 5 gr/tab and you want to take 600 mg. How many tablets would you take?
- Baby A grows 3/8 inch in length in January and grows 7/16 in February. How many total inches did the baby grow?
- A medical assistant fills a storage cabinet with 14 bottles of dextrose. Each bottle is filled with 16 2/3 ounces of the solution. How many ounces of this solution are in the cabinet?
- 233 1/3 oz
- The $125,000 supply budget for maintenance contracts must be reduced by 1/10. How much money will be left in the budget?
- If 1.5 grams of a drug are administered B.I.D. to each of 12 patients, how many grams of the drug will be used in 30 days?
- 1080 g
- If flu shots cost a clinic $0.50 and the clinic charges $5.00 per flu shot, what is the gross profit for a clinic that administers 178 flu shots?
- A weight-loss clinic records the following weight losses for the following patients:
A lost 2.938 kilograms
B lost 3.891 kilograms
C lost 1.216 kilograms
D lost 0.112 kilograms
What was the average weight loss? (take answer out t
- 2.039 kg
- If 500 gowns are needed in each of 8 examination rooms and the available supply is 2938, how many more gowns need to be ordered?
- The following graph reads:
water glass = 240 cc
small bowl = 120 cc
juice glass = 100 cc
In an eight hour shift, a patient on
I & 0 drank 3 glasses of water, one small bowl of broth, and one juice glass of apple juice. What
- 940 cc
- Who originated the use of carbolic acid on wounds to kill microorganisms and prevent infection?
- Joseph Lister
- Who discovered X-rays?
- Wilhelm Roentgen
- Who invented the microscope and established that there was life smaller than the eye could see.
- Anton von Leeuwenhoek
- Who discovered that microorganisms were everywhere and invented the process of pasteurization?
- Louis Pasteur
- Who is known as the "father of microbiology"?
- Robert Koch
- About the 5th century, a Greek physician wrote a code of ethics for medical practice. Who was he?
- Who is the founder of modern nursing?
- Florence Nightingale
You must Login or Register to add cards