Glossary of Health Knowledge Bowl - Academic Foundations - Set Eight
Other Decks By This User
- What are the desired end products of carbohydrate digestion?
- What is a protein that is deficient in one or more essential amino acids called?
- What is the protoplasm inside the cell membrane called?
- Name the three kinds of muscles and tell whether it is voluntary or involuntary.
- (any order)skeletal, voluntary
- What are the hardest structures in the body, which are constructed primarily of calcium?
- List three accessory organs of digestion.
- (any order) liver, gallbladder, pancreas
- What is the most abundant mineral in the body?
- What is another name for the master gland?
- the pituitary gland
- What is the medical term for the collar bone?
- What muscle abducts the arm and caps the shoulder?
- What is the kissing muscle of the lips called?
- orbicularis oris
- What artery supplies blood to the head and the neck?
- What is the name of the longest vein of the body?
- Name two of the three types of hormones that are produced in the adrenal cortex.
- (any order) glucocorticoids, mineralocorticoid, androgens
- Name the two types of cells in the islets of Langerhans that produce hormones.
- (any order)
Alpha and Beta
- What hormone stimulates the "fight or flight" response to an emergency?
- The body may be divided into three imaginary planes. Which plane runs lengthwise from the front to the back dividing the body into right and left sides?
- The body may be divided into three imaginary planes. Which plane cuts the body horizontally into an upper and lower portion?
- Which bands of connective tissue anchor bones together?
- What is the body's first line of defense against pathogens?
- How many cervical vertebra are there in the vertebral column?
- What is the medical term for the knee bone?
- What is the medical term for the lower arm bone on the thumb side?
- What is the medical term for the lower arm bone on the little finger side?
- What is the longest and strongest bone of the body?
- What is the name of the hip socket into which the head of the femur articulates?
- What is the projection of the ulna known as the elbow or "funny bone" called?
- olecranon process
- What is the movement in certain types of joints that decreases the angle between two adjoining bones called?
- What is the movement in certain types of joints that increases the angle between two adjoining bones called?
- Name the outer membrane covering the brain and spinal cord.
- dura mater
You must Login or Register to add cards