Glossary of Health Chapter 7
Other Decks By This User
- Results when germs invade the body, grow and harm the body's cells
- Direct contact, indirect ontact, contact with animals, and contact with contaminated food or water are all ways that _____ spread
- Your immune system makes these to fight off infection
- Before the age of six
- When everyone should receive vaccines for common communicable diseases
- influenza (flu)
- The symptoms of this includes high fever, fatigue, and muscle and joint aches.
- The best way to protect yourself from STDs.
- Sharing objects that break the skin
- The best way to help prevent the spread of HIV.
- Caused by lack of blood flow to the brain.
- You can reduce your risk for getting heart disease by eating foods high in _______.
- the best treatment for cancer that has spread throughout the body
- cause strep throat and tuberculosis
- An unhealthy behavior
- Sharing eating utensils
- special white blood cells that fight infections
- killed or weakened germs
- Vaccines are preparation of ____________________.
- over-the-counter medicines
- colds should be treated with rest, liquids, and _________
- sexually transmitted diseases are _________________
- inside walls of their arteries
- people suffering from atherosclerosis have fatty deposits of the ____________
- sun exposure
- avoiding this may lessen your chance of getting skin cancer
- some people with this use an inhaler
- diabetes can be ___________ by regulating diet and weight.
You must Login or Register to add cards