Glossary of Health Chapter 4
Other Decks By This User
- What is the FITT formula?
- Frequency - how often you do the activity weekly
Intensity - how hard you work at the session
Time - how much you devote to a session
Type - Which activies you select
- What does the RICE mean?
- R: rest
- What does physical activity?
- Any movement of the body that is carried out by the muscles and reguires energy.
- What is Muscular Strength?
- The amount of force a muscle can exert
- What is Body Composition?
- The ratio of body fat to learn body tissue, including muscle, bone, water, tissue. Example) ligaments, cartilage, and tendons.
- What is Overload?
- It's working the body harded than it's ever been worked.
- What is Muscular Endurance?
- The ability of the muscle to perform physical tasks for a while without getting fatigued.
- What is Specificity?
- Particulas exercises and activites improves particular areas of health related fitness.
- What is Flexability?
- It's being able to move body parts
- What is Hypothermia?
- A condition in witch body temperature becomes dangerously low
- What is a Strain?
- A condition resulting from damaging a muscle or tendon
- What is Physical Fitness?
- The ability to carry out daily tasks easily and have energy left over
- What is Sedentary Lifestyle?
- A way of life that involves little physical activity.
- What is a Sprain?
- A injury to the ligament around the joint
- What is Frostbite?
- A condition when body tissuse become frozen
- What is Anaerobic Exercise?
- Chemicals similar to testosterone
You must Login or Register to add cards