Glossary of Health: Chapter 5
Other Decks By This User
Children spend more time with parents now than fifty years ago.
- A husband and wife living with their children and other relatives in the same household is
A. a nuclear family
B. an adoptive family
C. an extended family
D. a generic family
- A. an extended family
More women work outside the house today than ever before.
The average family moves every seven years.
- child abuse
- harm to young people
- battered spouse
- harm to husband or wife
- When a family member dies,
A. conflicts are common
B. emotions decrease
C. talking seldom helps
D. the grief is the same for all
- A. conflicts are common
Today's families are larger than in years past.
- leaving home at a young age to be on own
- blended family
- children come from different marriages
- To meet the emotional needs of family members, it is a good idea to
A. never disagree with anyone
B. create a structure for each family member
C. be decisive and inflexible
D. criticize others' opinions
- B. create a structure for each family member
- finding solution that benefits all
- All the qualities, characteristics, history, and culture passed from parents to children is called
A. cultural identification
D. personal identity
- C. heritage
If the husband and wife work, th family is a two-income family.
- adoptive family
- parents legally responsible for non-birth children
- The national organization to help parents who have a tendency toward violence is
A. Parents Without Partners
B. Parents Anonymous
C. Parents Helping Parents
D. Alcoholics Anonymous
- B. Parents Anonymous
- end of marriage relationship
- Two parents bringing children from different marriages into a household creates
A. a foster family
B. an adoptive family
C. a blended family
D. an extended family
- C. a blended family
- Domestic violence refers to
A. breaking a window
B. a battering incident in a home
C. a family disagreement
D. burglaries in private homes
- B. a battering incident in a home
- A family of four is considered living under the poverty level if its annual income is less than
- C. $14,000
- What percent of women with children under the age of six work outside the home?
A. more than 50 percent
B. 40 percent
C. 30 percent
D. less than 10 percent
- A. more than 50 percent
At least one third of all women who work have preschool children.
- Most poor children
A. live in nuclear families
B. come from working families
C. come from non-working families
D. are black
- B. come from working families
The health of a family affects the health of the individual.
The single-parent family has two adults and children.
- single-parent family
- one adult with children
The mobile family moves often.
The family is the basic unit of society.
- all inherited qualities
You must Login or Register to add cards