Glossary of Health: Chapter 1
Other Decks By This User
- What is Heredity?
- All the traits that were biologically passed on to you from your parents
- What is Wellness?
- An overall state of well-being, or total health.
- What is Culture?
- The collective beliefs,customs, and behaviors of a group.
- What is Risk Behaviors?
- Actions that can potentially threaten your health or the health of others.
- What is Prevention?
- Practicing health and safety habits to remain free from disease and injury.
- What is Media?
- All forms of mass communication.
- What does the wellness wheel (health triangle) look like? What is it?
- It is divied in 3 groups; Physical,Mental/Emotional, and Social.
(draw pix here)
- Physical, mental, and social health.....how do these relate to wellness?
- Physical: Exerices, Actitvity
Mental: Spirtual, Emotional
Social: Relationships, Family, Friends
- What is Health Literacy?
- A person's capacity to learn about and use health information and services
- What is Abstinence?
- Avoiding harmful behaviors
You must Login or Register to add cards