Glossary of Head and neck 2
Other Decks By This User
- In front of the ear
- behind the ears
- posterior of head, in the groove beneath the bony processes.
- below the jaw, at the curve of the mandible.
- below the mandible, anterior to the tonsilar, midway between the tonsilar and the submental
- On the point of the mandible, "The Thinker".
- Superficial cervical
- on the SCM, top one third, toward back of the SCM.
- Posterior cervical
- in the groove where the clavicle, posterior edge of the SCM and the Trapezius meet.
- Deep cervical chain
- On the SCM, starts at the frnt of the SCM and goes down at an agle finishing at the back of the SCM.
- above the clavicle
- Below the clavicle
- Normal sized head
- Head is too large, inc. cranial fluid
- Small head
- Large head with pronounced facial bones, ie Acromegaly
- Nasolabial Folds
- Folds by mouth
- palpebral fissures
- space beteween the upper and lower eyelids
- Trigeminal Nerve (v)
- Clench teeth while palpating temporal and masseter muscles
Sensory cotton ball/paper towel
Sharp/dull paper clip
- Facial CN VII
Frown and wrinkle forehead
Puff out cheeks
Close eyes tightly against resistance
You must Login or Register to add cards