Glossary of HISTORY 1600-1757
Other Decks By This User
- After Queen Elizabeth I died, who inheirited the throne of England? What year did he took the throne?
- her brother, the Scottish King James I, 1602
- King James I was had a very close friend _____ and this man was selling ______ to help James I get money.
- Duke of Buckingham, nobility
- What did James do to appeal to the ppl? What are the years of those event(s)?
- grants a charter to send ppl to the "new world" >Jamestown 1607
translated the bible, king's version 1609-1613
- King James I died in what year and left what? to whom? how was it related to the king? what year?
- england and scotland's throne, Charles I , son, 1624.
- In 1625 Charles I did what? What did this force parliament to do? how did this effect their relationship?
- declared war to spain, force parliament to raise taxes to support the war, negative relationship
- Parliament plots to do what to Charles i companions? What important figure dies in what year and what was england's reaction to the death?
- plots to get rid of Charles' influences, ie. friends (arrest them) some get killed. "uncle" buckingham dies 1634
- What did Charles do in 1637 to appeal to English citizens since they were so religious-based ppl? What was Scotland's reaction? What deal did Charles made w/ parliament due to the scotts?
- tried to convert scotland to the anglican church.
You must Login or Register to add cards