Glossary of Government Assessment Study Guide
Other Decks By This User
- the science or art of political government.
- a country, government, or the form of government in which absolute power is exercised by a dictator.
- a sudden, complete, or marked change in a government caused by violence
- Absolute Monarchy
- a monarch that is not limited or restrained by laws or a constitution.
- Communist State
- A one party state governed by the Communist Party, the government owns everything
- the management of the resources of a community, country
- a system of government by priests claiming divine permission
- of or pertaining to a centralized government that does not tolerate parties of differing opinion and that exercises dictatorial control over many aspects of life.
- Democratic Republic
- a form of government where democratic principles are used to select leaders in free elections
- Transitional Government
- a caretaker government who holds power until another government can be elected
- a person or body of persons in whom authority is vested, as a governmental agency
- a state of society without government or law
- Military Government
- a government in a territory administered by a military commander
- Authoritarian Republic
- Power to run the country lies in a legislative body that has absolute power
- Democratic Constituion Head of State
- Person elected by the people to run the country
You must Login or Register to add cards