Glossary of Gov't Unit 4 (A,B,C)
Other Decks By This User
- 1st Amendment
- speech, religion, press, petition, assembly
- 2nd Amendment
- right to bear arms
- 3rd Amendment
- no quartering soldiers
- 4th Amendment
- Right against unreasonable searches and seizures. Warrants must be issued.
- 5th Amendment
- Rights of Accused Persons. Unable to be tried 2x for the same crime (double jeopardy), may not be forced to witness against themself, no incrimintaing questions, no deprivation of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness, due process, eminent domain.
- 6th Amendment
- Speedy & public trial, trial by jury, right to lawyer.
- 8th Amendment
- No excessive bail or cruel & unusual punishment.
- 13th Amendment
- Abolition of Slavery (1865)-enforceable by congress
- 14th Amendment
- Rights of Citizens (1868)
- 15th Amendment
- Righ to Vote (1870) (race, color, enforceable)
- 19th Amendment
- Women can vote (1920)
You must Login or Register to add cards