Glossary of Glossary words for chapter 8
Other Decks By This User
- microorganisms that can only live in the presence of oxygen
- micro organisms able to survive without oxygen
- propagation of microorganisms or living tissue cells in special media that are conductive to their growth.
- Self-contained culturing packet system that readily adapts to most office specimens.
- science that deals with the formation, structure and function of cells
- Evacuation of bowels (stool)
- study of the microscopic structure of tissue
- the period of culture development
- to inject or transfer a micro organism, serum, or toxic material to body, culture, medium, or slide.
- pure culture
- Culture of a single form or micro organism uncontaminated by other organisms
- smear fixation
- Holding or fastening a specimen to a slide.
- minute living organisms such as bacteria, virus, protozoa, and fungus
- pertaining to the study of serum component of the blood
- streak culture
- spreading the bacteria by drawing a wire containing the inoculum across the surface of the medium
- the study of micro organisms
- small organisms including bacteria, protozoa, algae, fungus, and defined viruses
- Culture that fails to reveal the suspected organism
- culture that reveals the suspected organsim
- bacteria spread on the surface as a microscopic slide or culture medium
- capable of living
You must Login or Register to add cards