Glossary of Global Geography Chapter 1 Section 1
Other Decks By This User
- A unit of measure used to determine absolute location
- an imaginary line that circles the globe at its widest point
- The study of Earth and it's people
- an invisible line that forms an east-west circle around the Earth
- Parallel/latitude line
- an imaginary line that circles the Earth from north to south
- meridian/longitude line
- the meridian that runs througn Greenwich, England
- Prime Meridian
- What 2 questions do geographers try to answer while studying different places?
- 1) where are things located?
2) why are they there?
- How do the 5 themes help geographers study the Earth?
- Use them to help organize information
- What are the 2 different ways to describe a location?
- Absolute and relative
- Which way of describing location is this? A river is 250 mi North of san antonio?
- relative location
- what are the 5 themes of geography?
- location, place, HEI, regions, movement
- why is the study of movement helpful to geographers?
- it helps them understand the relationship among places
- place- physical
- hot/cold hilly
- changing the face of the earth
- used to make comparisons
- regional flat land
You must Login or Register to add cards