Glossary of Giver Ch 8-15
Other Decks By This User
- What Jonas's new job?
- He was the receiver memory.
- What happened to last receiver?
- She got scared and applied for release.
- What did being receiver entail?
- It invovled a lot of pain and holding the memeories of the community.
- What was one shocking rule on Jonas's list?
- Jonas can lie and be rude.
- What unusual thing did Jonas notice when he arrivied for the first time?
- The Giver's door was locked.
- How did Jonas feel after the selection?
- Happy and afraid
- How did the Giver look?
- Old but he really wasn't.
- The first memory Jonas recieved was of _______________.
- Once the Giver transmitted a memory what happened?
- The Giver no longer had that memory.
- Why isn't there snow?
- Snow made it hard to grow crops.
- During the first day Jonas experrinced___________.
- the pain of a sunburn
- Why does Jonas feel different at school?
- He can't talk about his job.
- Why was Jonas late for his second day of training?
- He saw the color red.
- What was Jonas experincing for the first time?
- He was seeing beyond in colors.
- What memeory did the Giver give Jonas so he could see other colors?
- The memory of a rainbow.
- Why did the Giver say the community went to sameness?
- Otherwise peole might make bad choices.
- What memory did Jonas get that was distrubing
- The idea that comfort objects are real.
- What happens when a reciever disappears?
- All the memories go into the people.
- The receiver can't have a spouse. True or False
- Why did Jonas ask for painful memories?
- So the Giver won't have to bear the burden.
- The Giver Jonas the pain of a _________________leg.
- What is Gaberial's main problem?
- He can't sleep through the night.
- When Gabe woke Jonas gave him the memory of ________.
- a boat on a lake.
- What clues tell that ch. 15 was a American Civil war battle?
- -the soldier was wearing a gray (confedrate) uniform
- cannons wer going off.
- the soldier was young
You must Login or Register to add cards