Glossary of Geography Terms-- Maps and Vocabulary-Gr.5
Other Decks By This User
- Most important line of latitude
- 5 Themes of Geography
- 1. Regions
- 7 Different Types of Maps
- 1. Climate
2. Birth Rate
3. Natural Disasters
- Another name for latitude
- Another name for longitude
- 2 Important Lines of Longitude
- Prime Meridian and International Date Line
- Name of city and country
Prime Meridian passes through
- Greenwich, England
- In a pair of coordinates, what is listed first?
- First is latitude.
Second is longitude.
- What does Latitude measure?
- Latitude is a measure of how far north or south a location is from the equator.
Lines of latitude go across and divide the earth into northern and southern hemispheres.
- What does Longitude measure?
- Longitude is a measure of how far east or west a place is from the Prime Meridian.While the latitude of a particular location affects its climate, the longitude can determine the time zone a particular place is in.
You must Login or Register to add cards