Glossary of Geography Questions (Chapter 9)
Other Decks By This User
- What Latin American country has the largest number of large metropolitan areas?
- Across which countries in South America does the Equator pass?
- Ecuador, Columbia, and Brazil
- In what modern country is the Yucatan Peninsula located?
- Name two national capitals in Central America that are located on or near the seacoast.
- Guatemala, Guatemala and El Salvador, San Salvador
- Name the two mountain ranges that lie on either side of Mexico's central plateau
- Sierra Madre Oriental and the Sierra Madre Occidental
- What are the four largest islands in the Carribean Sea?
- Cuba, Jamaica, Hispaniola, and Puerto Rico
- Between which two countries does the Llanos lie?
- Columbia and Venezuela
- What part of South America is most sparsely populated?
- Central South America
- What is the population density in central Mexico?
- 520 people per square mile
- What areas of the Caribbean islands have the greatest population density?
- Havana, San Juan, and Cuba
- What group of Caribbean islands are closest to where hurricanes form?
- Lesser Antilles
- What kind of climate and vegetaion are found on the coast of Peru and northern Chile?
- the highlands climate and arid climate, and desert vegetation
- What kinds of vegetation are found on the Yucatan Peninsula?
- Chaparrel, Tropical rain forest, and Tropical grassland
- Where are tropical rain forests found in Latin America outside the Amazon Basin?
- Most of Mexico, Central America, Tropical Islands, and parts of Uruguay
- In what countries of South America do many people still live by livestock raising?
- Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, and Paraguay
- Name three countries that have deposits of silver or gold.
- Panama (gold), Nicaragua (silver), and Mexico (gold)
- In what areas of Latin America is commercial farming an important economic activity?
- Southeastern Brazil, Cuba, and Eastern Argentina
- Besides tourism, what other economic activities take place in the Caribbean islands? What islands have mineral resources?
- Coal mining and Petroleum industries are important economic activities in the Caribbean. They have Nickel in Cuba
- What economic activities take place in the areas settled by people of Indian ancestry?
- hunting and gathering and subsistence farming
- What are some landforms that dominate western Latin America?
- Sierra Madre Oriental, Sierra Madre Occidental, and the Andes Mountains
- What are the three groups of islands in the Caribbean region?
- The Greater Antilles, The Lesser Antilles, and the Bahamas
- Why are population patterns in Mesoamerica and in South America different?
- Different people like to live in different areas
- What is the largest country in Latin America?
- What countries are at the border where Central America meets South America?
- Panama and Columbia
- LATIN AMERICA
- Mexico (1)
Central America (7)
South America (12)
You must Login or Register to add cards