Glossary of Geography Japan
Other Decks By This User
- Who arrived in Japan in 1543?
- The Portuguese
- Who arrived in Japan after the Portuguese?
- Roman Catholic missionaries
- increase in amount of atomic weapons
- Why did Japan close their doors to the West?
- They feared that European traders might take over their country
- Whos trade did Japan close to?
- Western trade
- Who was the one who forced Japan to trade with the US?
- Mathew Perry
- How did Japan getting forced to trade with the US affect foreign powers.
- It gave them an advantage.
- Whos culture did Japan study?
- Western culture
- What else did Japan include in their culture?
- Whate three things were included in the industrial development?
- Schools, rails, and communication
- The Japans had the strength to do what in the 1900s?
- to stand alone
- What kind of borrowing did they do from the west?
- What were two of the natural resources that Japan lacked?
- petroleum and iron ore
- What did Japan do to solve their problem of lacking natural resources?
- take over places that have it
- What two places did Japan take over?
- Korea and German colonies
- What did Japan do during the Great Depression?
- It expanded
- What happened after Japan surrendered to the U.S. at the end of World War 2.
- The U.S. occupied Japan
- When the U.S. occupied Japan, the emperor is stripped of what?
- of all political power
- When the U.S. occupied Japan, what happened to the military?
- it is disbanded
- When the U.S. occupied Japan, the new constitution included equality of what?
- What 4 things have contributed to Japan's success?
- an educated work force, dedicated workers, global trade patterns, and government planning
- The Korean adapted to most of whoes culture?
- Which did they include more in their culture from China, the language or the writing?
- the language
- What main 3 religions are in Korea?
- Buddhism, Daoism, and Confucianism
- What is the difference between North and South Korea's government.
- North includes communist government and South is a non-communist government
- Which country is colder, North or South Korea.
- North Korea
- Which country is more mountainous and which country contains more plains?
- North= more mountains
South= more plains
- What doe the environment in both countries mean for their resources.
- North= more industrial
South= more agricultural
- Which Korea is more populated?
- South Korea
- What is a demilitarized zone?
- land where troops or weapons are not allowed
- Honor of the military and readiness for war
- firing employees and working
- taxes on imports which makes foreign goods expensive
- a fixed amount to reach
You must Login or Register to add cards