Glossary of Geography Ch. 1 section 2
Other Decks By This User
- A_____ is a scale model of the Earth.
- Globes are useful for what 2 things?
- For looking at the whole planet or at large areas of its land & water surface.
- The pattern of lines you see on a globe is called a ____.
- The grid is made up of lines of ______&______.
- latitude & longitude
- Lines of _____ are drawn in east-west direction.
- Lines of ____ are drawn in a north-south direction.
- The _______ of these imaginary lines helps us find the location of something.
- Lines of latitude measure distance north & south of the ______.
- The _____ is an imaginary line that circles the globe halfway between earth's north & south pole.
- Lines of latitude are also called ______.
- ______ measure distance east & west of the prime meridian.
- Lines of _____ are also called parallels.
- Parallels & meridians measure distance in ____.
- The equator divides the earth in hald. The halves are called ______.
- The half north of the equator is the __________.
- Northern Hemisphere
- The half south of the equator is the ______________.
- Southern Hemisphere
- The prime meridian divides the earth into the _____ & the _____.
- Western hemisphere & the Eastern hemisphere
- Our planet is organized into __ large landmasses. These are called___.
- The 7 continents are:
- Africa, Antartica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America & South America
- Landmasses that are smaller than continents & completely surrounded by water are called ______.
- The worlds largest island is ____.
- The Earth's water is divided into seperate areas called____.
- There are 4 oceans in our world:
- Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, & Arctic
- The largest ocean is the ____ ocean.
- The pacific ocean is the largest ocean. It is more than _____ times the size of the smallest ocean, the _________.
You must Login or Register to add cards