Glossary of Geography CMA Chp. 18
Other Decks By This User
- What is Mexico's official name?
- The United Mexican States
- What is the largest Spanish speaking country in the world?
- What country is Mexico's most important trading partner?
- United States
- The two mountain ranges in Mexico are:
- Sierra Madre Oriental and the Sierra Madre Occidental
- Geographers believe that ____ was once formally attached to Mexico.
- Baja, California
- What percentage of Mexico's land is good for producing crops?
- 12% of the land
- What percentage of Mexicans work in agriculture
- This crop is produced primarily for direct sale in a market, rather than for other purposes
- cash crop
- When did the land ownership in Mexico change and why?
- 1910 following the Mexican Revolution, land ownership changed to give Mexican farmers more of an opportunity to own their land.
- What percentage of Mexicans work in industrial or service jobs?
- What is Mexico's greatest natural resource?
- What is the largest city in the Yucatan Pennisula?
- Define maquiladors. How many of these are there?
- factories in the border cities assembling products for export to the U.S. and other nations. There are more than 2000 of these in Mexico
- Where is each of Mexico's six culture regions located?
- Mexico City, Central Interior, Oil Coast, Southern Mexico, NOrthern Mexico and the Yucatan Pennisula.
- Who invaded Mexico in the early 1500s?
- Hernan Cortes invaded Mexico City in the early 1500s.
- What are some of the problems faced by Mexico City?
- housing shortage, land shortage, transportation congestion, earthquakes, pollution
- What happened to prices in Mexico in 1987?
- Prices in Mexico doubled in a one year period.
You must Login or Register to add cards