Glossary of Geography: Social Studies: Hirsch: Grade 5
Other Decks By This User
- Lines of latitude are also called _________.
- Lines of latitude are parallel to the __________.
- The Prime Meridian is at __ degrees longitude
- The ________ runs through the city of Greenwich, where there is a famous observatory.
- Prime Meridian
- The Prime and 180 degree Meridians divide the world into _____ and _______ hemispheres.
- Eastern; Western
- The hemisphere above the equator is the _______ hemisphere. The hemisphere below the equator is the _______ hemisphere.
- Northern; Southern
- The world's____ are referred to as NW, SW, NE, and SW.
- A map's ____ shows the proportion between distance on the map and actual distance on Earth's surface.
- The _______ is at 67 N latitude and contains the North pole.
- Arctic Circle
- The ______ is at 67 S latitude and contains 3/4's of earth's fresh water.
- Antarctic Circle
- The Artic Circle is (warmer or colder?) than the Antarctic Circle.
- The ________ is at 23 N latitude; the ______ is at 23 S latitude.
- Tropic of Cancer; Tropic of Capricorn
- The ______ zigzags across the 180 degree Meridian and divides the 12th time zone in half.
- International Dateline
- List five ways in which lakes form.
- Action of glaciers; action of waves; river sources; natural dams; faults in Earth's crust
- Regions of the U.S.
- Pacific Northwest;
You must Login or Register to add cards