Glossary of Geo Vocab week 5
Other Decks By This User
- A warm ocean current off south America’s northwestern coast that influences global weather patterns.
- El Nino
- “The 5th of May” commemorates the victory of the Mexican people over the French army at the battle of Puepla in 1862.
- Cinco de Mayo
- A Latin American militant dictator.
- A Spanish word meaning “High Plain”. A series of Highland valleys and plateaus located in the Andes of Bolivia and Peru.
- The 7 countries between Mexico (country) and South America (continent): • Belize
• El Salvador
• Costa Rica
- Central America
- A group of islands in the Caribbean Sea.
- West Indies
- A Spanish word meaning “rural” or “rustic”; a peasant in Latin America; a tenant or farm worker.
- A member of an armed force that is not part of a regular army; relating to a form of warfare carried on by such an independent armed force.
- A Portuguese word meaning “poor community”.
- A plains region in Southeastern Venezuela.
- A Spanish word describing a large commercial farm owned by a provate individual or a farming company.
- A Spanish word meaning “forest” or “jungle” in Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia, a forested region.
- A series of highland valleys and plateaus in the Andes of Ecuador.
- A grasslands region in Argentina and Uruguay.
- A region that includes Mexico, Central America, and the West Indies.
- Middle America
You must Login or Register to add cards