Glossary of Geo Vocab Week 4
Other Decks By This User
- A tall, round, airtight building used for the storage of grain.
- in farming the average number of days between the last frost of spring and the first frost of fall.
- growing season
- a place where grain is brought and sold as a commodity.
- grain exchange
- a large pipe or channel designed to transport water from a remote source over a long distance, usually by gravity.
- very large cities and their surrounding areas, considered to be a single urban complex.
- a tropical tree that grows in swampy ground along coastal areas.
- a marshy inlet or outlet of a lake or river
- the Southern and southwestern states of the United States from the Carolinas to southern California characterized by a warm climate and recently rapid population growth.
- an enclosed section of a canal, in which a ship may be raised or lowered by raising or lowering the level of the water in that section.
- a tall building equipped with machinery for loading, cleaning, storing, and discharging grain.
- grain elevator
You must Login or Register to add cards