Glossary of Geo Vocab Week 2
Other Decks By This User
- 3 dimensional object (sphere); the best representation of the earth.
- a graphic representation for a part(s) of the earth tht is usually drawn to scale on a flat surface.
- of the four points of the compass: north, south, east, west.
- cardinal directions
- the directions that lie between north and east (NE), north and west (NW), south and east (SE), and south and west (SW).
- intermediate directions
- One of the series of imaginary lines, also called parallels, that circle the earth parallel to the Equator.
- One of the series of imaginary lines, also called meridians, that run north and south from one pole to the other; used to measure the distance east and west from the Prime Meridian in degrees.
- An imaginary line that circles the globe at its widest point (halfway between the North and South poles), dividing the earth into two halves called hemispheres; used as a reference point from which north and south latitudes are measured.
- An imaginary line of longitude that runs from the North Pole to the South Pole through Greenwich, England; it is designated 0°longitude and is used as a reference point from which east and west lines of longitude are measured.
- Prime Meridian
- a person who makes maps of charts.
- A half of the Earth; the Equator divides the Northern and Southern hemispheres. The Prime Meridian divides the Eastern and Western hemispheres.
You must Login or Register to add cards