Glossary of GRE Psychology Practice Test Errors
Other Decks By This User
- Studies in laterality have revealed that for most people the right hem is more active then the left in...
- perception of complex geometric patterns
- Responsibility of the ascending reticular formation
- sleep and waking
- Theory that refers to the beliefs people hold about the inputs they bring to their work and the outcome recieved
- Equity theory
- complex representations consisting of an activation pattern of many individual units that have simple on-off functions in the nervous system.
- PITS- How many morphemes and phonemes
- 2 m's and 4 p's
- Without external cues of time, what happens to the bio clock?
- drift out of sync with external time
- Sandra Bem-Gender Schema Theory
- Children learn to categorize people and objects in terms of gender
- Cohort Sequential Design
- strengthens inferences by replicating longitudinal finding across cohorts
- Theory of Signal Detection has been used to distinguish between..
- sensitivity and response bias
- Difference in the way mothers and fathers interact with their infants
- mothers play and talk quietly and fathers are more active and physical
- It has been argued that kids do not acquire language solely by imitating others. This argument is supported by...
- the linguistic generativity exhibited by young children
- Size Constancy
- distal stimulus is unchanging in size despite changes in our viewing position
- Who was the first to develop Stream of Consciousness?
- James-Lange Theory of Emotion
- a specific kind of bodily response precedes the experience of a specific emotion.
- Reliability of psychiatric classification scheme is shown by...
- high level of agreement amoung professionals regarding which category a particular person fits into at any one time
- Analysis of Variance in a 3x3 factorial design with one dependent variable. How many interactions possible?
- ONE- one interaction for each dep. variable.
- Who developed a formal model based on the idea that behavior is a joint function of the person and the environment?
- Kurt Lewin
- Robbers Cave
- Standard Deviation Calculation
- Subtact each score from the mean. Square each of those amounts and sum. Divide total sum by n-1 then take the sq. root of that number. That is standard deviation