Glossary of Excelsior 100 things to know for NC2
Other Decks By This User
- Gases move from the blood to the alveoli and the alveoli to the blood thru which process?
- Definition of Stridor
- A whisteling sound when breathing (usually heard on inspiriation). It is indictaive of obstruction of the larynx or trachea (airway).
- For a patient with exercise intolerance, it is best to take what action re. activity
- promot frequent rest periods throughout the day
- How can you tell if a exercise program is increasing cardiovascular health
- decrease in heart rate upon exertion
- A patient has difficulty breathing. Which is the best position:
3. Semi Fowler
- Best choice for a patient on a low residue diet
1. Ham w/ seeds
2. Poached Egg
3 Green Beans
- poached egg
- What is the best indicator of protein status
- serum albumin
- What is a common cause of acute dysrhytmia?
- high or low potassium
- Side Effect to warn patients about regarding aluminium containing antacids & opiates
- IV Drip Question:
You are to start an IV of normal saline with a 10 gtts/mL solution set and infuse 300 mL over a two-hour period. At how many gtts/minute will you set your IV?
- IV Drip Answer:
- IV Push Question:
You are treating a patient for whom lidocaine is ordered at 1 mg/kg via IV push. The lidocaine is packaged as a 1% solution containing 100 mg/10 mL. The patient weighs 198 pounds. What is the patients weight in kg? How many mL will
- IV Push Answer:
- What is the best lab test for assessing renal function
- S/sx of folate deficiency
- fatigue r/t decrease in RBC's
Sore mouth & tongue
- Assessment findings for fluid volume deficit pt.
- dark amber urine @ low volume
- What would be the least appropriate choice for a patient on a Na+ restricted diet?
1. Fresh foods such as fruits, meats
4. Canned Soups
- canned soups
You must Login or Register to add cards